A track record of performance since 1975 in the sale of privately held companies and family owned businesses is the primary reason IBA is selected by business owners to represent them in the sale of their companies. Plain and simply, we sell businesses and achieve results for our clients.
Selection of IBA for representation on that sole criteria is justification enough for most of our clients. However, there are six other reasons why a business owner should use IBA to broker the sale of their business and when appropriate, associated real estate.
- Ethics – IBA is a mergers & acquisitions firm with integrity. Transactions negotiated by IBA are positive experiences for both the seller and buyer.
- Transactional Experience – IBA has completed over 4200 transactions involving privately held companies and family owned businesses. Transactions negotiated by IBA are trips down a familiar path with an experienced guide.
- Market Knowledge – Knowledge related to market conditions, past industry transactions, historical benchmarks, legal precedents, tax law changes, and financing availability can impact transactions. Business owners represented by IBA are provided with the information needed to make intelligent decisions.
- Negotiation Skill – The sale of a business is a multiple tiered, sophisticated negotiation. It requires experience, market knowledge, problem solving ability, and excellent communication skills. IBA representation has all of those characteristics.
- Customer Service – IBA professionals understand the value of a promptly returned telephone call or email. We also recognize that you need to run your company while the business is on the market and our professionals are available for meetings in the early morning, evening, and on weekends.
- Confidentiality – IBA professionals recognize that if the knowledge that you are considering the sale of your company became publicly known it could adversely impact your relationships with your employees, customers, suppliers and the value of the company. It is our solemn pledge that no one extraneous to a potential transaction will learn about the company’s sale status from us without your permission.
Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding the representation we provide our clients or if you would like to schedule a time to meet with an IBA professional.